That’s why AMP Research invented the Powerstep™, the automatic, electric-powered running board that instantly extends when you open your door, and retracts out of sight when the doors close for improved ground clearance, aerodynamics and appearance. Its sleek design, all-weather performance and legendary reliability set the industry standard.
Katie Osborne takes a look at one of UnderCover's most popular truck bed covers, the Ultra Flex.
NEW TECH, NEW STYLES: UPGRADED FORD SUPER DUTY GETS SYNC 4, 12-INCH SCREEN, LARIAT SPORT AND BLACK APPEARANCE PACKAGES
- The 2022 Ford Super Duty increases customer convenience, connectivity and personalization with an available 12-inch touch screen plus cloud-connected SYNC® 4 featuring wireless Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ as well as connected navigation
- Available new Lariat Sport Appearance Package adds style with body-color grille, bumpers and mirrors for customers who prefer less chrome. The popular Black Appearance Package expands availability to XLT trims
- New colors are available inside and out, including a Baja interior for Lariat and Navy Pier and Light Slate interior for Limited, plus a new Atlas Blue exterior color
DEARBORN, Mich., March 8, 2021 – Ford, America’s truck leader for 44 consecutive years, is rolling out smart and stylish upgrades for the 2022 F-Series Super Duty as it continues to offer the highest available payload, and max conventional and fifth-wheel towing.
“Super Duty customers aren’t just working harder these days, they are also working smarter,” said Todd Eckert, Ford Truck Group Marketing manager. “We’re further helping our customers raise their game and get the job done with purposeful technology through the introduction of SYNC 4 with a larger 12-inch screen and 24x7 cloud connectivity for both their truck and mobile devices.”
The all-new, landscape-oriented 12-inch center touch screen with SYNC® 4 is standard on Lariat and above models, with physical controls below for quick access to commonly used functions. Occupants can easily multitask functions by splitting the screen to see navigation, music, truck features and the new digital owner’s manual.
With twice the computing power of the previous-generation system, all-new SYNC 4 can wirelessly connect smartphones without the USB cord for seamless integration of Apple CarPlay™ or Android Auto™ compatibility, as well as SYNC AppLink® apps. Customers can interact with the truck using more conversational natural voice control to ask for points of interest or delays along a route. SYNC voice control and a 4.2-inch center screen remains standard on the XL series trucks with SYNC 3 available while an 8-inch center touch screen and SYNC 3 are standard on XLT.
“These additions build on the major updates we made for 2020 and we keep working hard to bring the best in capability and productivity to assist our hardworking Super Duty customers everyday,” said Eckert.
Tough never looked so good
For 2022, Super Duty offers a new stylish Lariat Sport Appearance Package that includes body-color bumpers, exterior mirrors and grille, as well as a chrome exhaust tip and black platform running boards.
The wildly popular Black Appearance Package is now being made available for XLT models for 2022. This includes 20-inch Ebony Black painted premium wheels, body-color front and rear bumpers, grille bars, and six-inch Ebony Black running boards – even the front and rear Blue Ovals have been painted black. The Black Appearance Package will be available fall 2021.
New colors available inside and out include a Baja interior for Lariat, a Navy Pier and Light Slate interior for Limited, and an Atlas Blue exterior color.
The current-generation Super Duty is the toughest, most powerful, most capable Super Duty, with an available 7.3-liter V8 with the most gas horsepower and torque in its class* – 430 horsepower and 475 lb.-ft. of torque. The available third-generation 6.7-liter Power Stroke® diesel V8 delivers 1,050 lb.-ft. of torque and best-in-class* 475 horsepower. Super Duty’s capabilities speak for themselves, with maximum gooseneck towing of up to 37,000 pounds, best-in-class* maximum fifth-wheel towing of 32,500 pounds, best-in-class* maximum conventional towing of 24,200 pounds and best-in-class* maximum payload capacity of 7,850 pounds.
Super Duty is available with a variety of standard and optional Co-Pilot360™ features to help assist in keeping work as safe as possible. Hill start assist is standard on all Super Duty trim levels. To help you stay in your lane, Lane-Keeping Alert is available on XL and XLT and standard on above models. Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking comes standard on XLT and above trims and alerts you of potential collisions with vehicles in your path. Available Blind Spot Information System with Trailer Coverage monitors for vehicles in blind spots – even with one next to your trailer. Pro-Trailer Backup Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Adaptive Steering and 360-Degree camera are all available features to help on every job.
2022 Ford Super Duty is proudly built at Kentucky Truck Plant in Louisville, Kentucky, and Ohio Assembly Plant in Avon Lake, Ohio and will be available this summer.
# # #
*Class is full-size pickups over 8,500 pounds GVWR
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) is a global company based in Dearborn, Michigan. The company designs, manufactures, markets and services a full line of Ford trucks, utility vehicles, and cars – increasingly including electrified versions – and Lincoln luxury vehicles; provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company; and is pursuing leadership positions in electrification; mobility solutions, including self-driving services; and connected vehicle services. Ford employs approximately 186,000 people worldwide. For more information regarding Ford, its products and Ford Motor Credit Company, please visit corporate.ford.com.
Built for rugged work conditions
• 2,000 pound capacity
• 1/8” fully formed aluminum tray – no welds or weak points
• Two 10 Gauge galvanized Steel Tracks
• ¼” Steel pull handle and safety locking plungers
• Eight 2” Chrome Steel Sealed Bearings
It’s How We Build it
1. 1/8” 5052 Fully Formed Aluminum Tray
2. Two 10 ga. Galvanized Steel Tracks
3. ¼” Thick Pull Handle & Safety Plungers
4. Polished Chrome Steel Bearings
1/8” 5052 Fully Formed Aluminum Tray
1. No welds, no weak points, built to take a beating
2. Will never rust or deteriorate due to weather
3. 49” tray width for pallets & 4x8 sheets
4. 5” tall side rails with tie-down points
Two 10 ga. Galvanized Steel Tracks
1. Over-built & over-engineered for maximum weight capacity
2. Galvanized steel will never rust or deteriorate in the weather
3. Safety locking points built-in tracks
4. Tray rails glide down tracks that are secured by oversized mounting brackets
¼” Thick Pull Handle & Safety Plungers
1. Pull handle actuates rocker mechanism
2. Rocker made from 10 ga. galvanized steel that is cased in 5052 control box
3. ½” 302 stainless springs slam shut plungers into track safety locking points
4. Plungers are made from ¼” steel flat bar
Eight Chrome Steel Bearings
1. Each track contains four 2” sealed, vertically positioned, radial bearings
2. Each track also contains two .875 inch sealed, laterally positioned, radial bearings
3. Each 2” bearing has a dynamic load capacity of 3,600 lbs
4. Bearings are self-lubricated and sealed to protect from dust and contamination
Proper trailer tongue weight improves the vehicle and trailer towing experience by improving performance. Not enough tongue weight or force on the hitch/tow ball causes an increase in trailer sway from side to side, making it difficult to control. Conversely, too much tongue weight or force on the hitch/tow ball could overload the rear tires of the towing vehicle, pushing the rear end of the vehicle around. This could also negatively affect the vehicle handling. Performance is impaired as you might not be able to go around corners and curves properly, and your vehicle may not stop quickly enough when you press the brake pedal.
The Weigh Safe Drop Hitch effectively measures the tongue weight of your towing load, improving the vehicle tow load balance and performance.
We took Chevy Silverado and ran it through a slalom course, under various loads. Then, we equipped the truck with our front and rear sway bar, and added our Air Springs and did the same exact slalom run with the same exact loads.
The difference is undeniable and the video will show you just how effective it is!